The mysterious ∑∫ỹriȱŋ defend their woodland homes with colorful magic and the ferocity of fire-breathing dragons!
They regard Nature as a holy spirit and cannot hunt animals or chop down trees, instead they start the game with the unique Enchantment tech that can turn regular animals into powerful monsters.-Tribe description
The ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe (romanized as Elyrion) is the second special tribe and the 13th tribe overall (by release date) in Polytopia. The ∑∫ỹriȱŋ are elves that practice "nature magic." The tribe starts with the Forest Magic technology, which replaces Hunting and allows animals to be enchanted into Polytaur units.
∑∫ỹriȱŋ has a total of three unique units (five if all of the Dragon's phases are included). ∑∫ỹriȱŋ's unique super unit is the Dragon, which evolves from a Dragon Egg into a Baby Dragon and finally a Fire Dragon. ∑∫ỹriȱŋ also has one special building, the Sanctuary.
∑∫ỹriȱŋ is considered an upper-mid-tier tribe comparable to Yădakk and Polaris. ∑∫ỹriȱŋ Polytaurs are well-suited to the fast-paced combat favored by many players. In general, all of ∑∫ỹriȱŋ's unique units, such as the Navalon and the Dragon, are strong units, and ∑∫ỹriȱŋ has good resources.
As a special tribe, ∑∫ỹriȱŋ has modified technologies that unlock unique units, buildings, and abilities.
|Forestry||Sanctuary, Lumber Hut|
|Water Magic||Whaling||Enchant Whale (see Navalon)|
∑∫ỹriȱŋ has +crop and -mountain. Therefore, the fact that crops can only be seen after researching Organization is especially pertinent to ∑∫ỹriȱŋ.
- 2021: Tending to the forest isn't just a hobby for ∑∫ỹriȱŋ citizens, but a way of life.
- The Unicorns love to run around in the magic forests of ∑∫ỹriȱŋ and play hide and seek among the large trees, always leaving a path of rainbow dust in their path. Should you ever look into the dust, you can sometimes get a glimpse of your afterlife, or you will just sneeze.
- When ∑∫ỹriȱŋ dragons are sleeping, they sometimes cry, due to the beauty of their dreams. Any ∑∫ỹriȱŋ who is lucky enough to collect a few drops in their goblet and drink it, will have the most divine dreams for three nights to come.
- Main article: ∑∫ỹriȱŋ/Strategy
Players can "boost" their units by moving them onto a wild animal, then enchanting the wild animal into a Polytaur, causing a forced unit spawn. This is especially useful in the early game and on turn 0.
The ∑∫ỹriȱŋ are elves; the long hair and long pointed ears are common traits of elves. They are also influenced by fantasy worlds and fairytales (giant lilies, castles, mythical unicorns, etc). The belief that elves respect nature is also found in the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ.
- Fruit: Sunburst lily
- Animal: Unicorn
- Field: Green fields with pink soil
- Forest: One giant cubical tree with a thick trunk surrounded by two smaller trees
- Mountain: Three rounded cliffs cradling a lake and tree
- City: Yellow buildings with castle-like battlements, towers, and blue roofs with yellow stars
- Helmet: Pointed ears, blue hair, and a yellow gem on the forehead
~, ¦, þa, ţe, Ŧo, ƒi, ȓ, ȱŋ, Δ, πo, ‡, ₺, ₼, ∑
- In the ambience playing throughout ∑∫ỹriȱŋ lands, waterfalls running, soft, calm music, unicorns whinnying gracefully, and a soft tinkling sound can be heard.
- ∑∫ỹriȱŋ is the only tribe to have just one fruit on a fruit tile.
- ∑∫ỹriȱŋ can see ruins through clouds ("rainbow flames" will appear above tiles with ruins).
- Ironically, even though Midjiwan declared that the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ are "known for their love and reverence of nature," they can still burn forests and build Lumber Huts.
- The ∑∫ỹriȱŋ have been involved in multiple Earth Day donation events. For example, in 2019, all revenue from sales of the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe on Earth Day was donated to the Earth Day Network. Also, for Earth Day 2020, Midjiwan announced that for each sale of the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe, $1 USD would be donated to the Canopy Reforestation Project until 5,000 trees were planted through these donations.
- The "∑∫ỹriȱŋ language" is available as for players who own the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe. The language is an Easter egg created by Zoythrus, the official community manager.