"The mysterious ∑∫ỹriȱŋ defend their woodland homes with colorful magic and the ferocity of fire-breathing dragons! They regard Nature as a holy spirit and cannot hunt animals or chop down trees, instead they start the game with the unique Enchantment tech that can turn regular animals into powerful monsters."The ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe (often Romanized as Elyrion) is the second special tribe and the 13th overall tribe to be added to Polytopia. Elyrion practices "nature magic." It starts with the Forest Magic technology, which replaces Hunting and allows animals to be enchanted into Polytaur units.-Tribe description
Elyrion has a total of three unique units (five if all of the Dragon's phases are included). Elyrion's unique Super Unit is the Dragon. Dragons evolve from a Dragon Egg to a Baby Dragon and finally a Fire Dragon. Elyrion also has one special building, the Sanctuary.
In addition, Elyrion can see Ruins through clouds (a "rainbow flame" will appear above tiles with Ruins).Elyrion is typically considered to be an upper-mid-tier tribe comparable to Yadakk and Hoodrick. Elyrion's Polytaurs are well-suited to the fast-paced combat that has came to be favored by many players. In general, all of Elyrion's unique units, including the Navalon and the Dragon, are strong units. In addition, Elyrion has good resources. However, the inability to clear Forests hurts Elyrion.
Elyrion has +Crop and -Mountain. Therefore, the fact that Crops can only be seen after researching Organization is especially important to remember when playing Elyrion.
- Fruit: Sunburst lily
- Land: Green fields with pink soil
- Forests: One giant cubical tree with a thick trunk surrounded by two smaller trees
- Animals: Unicorn
- Mountains: Three rounded cliffs cradling a lake and tree
- Cities: Yellow buildings with castle-like battlements, towers, and blue roofs with yellow stars
- Helmet: Pointed ears, blue hair, and a yellow gem on the forehead
- Color: Hot pink
- Web Shop: The Unicorns love to run around in the magic forests of Elyrion and play hide and seek among the large trees, always leaving a path of rainbow dust in their path. Should you ever look into the dust, you can sometimes get a glimpse of your afterlife, or you will just sneeze.
- Web Shop: When Elyrion dragons are sleeping, they sometimes cry, due to the beauty of their dreams. Any Elyrion who is lucky enough to collect a few drops in their goblet and drink it, will have the most divine dreams for three nights to come.
Special Technologies and Units
As a special tribe, Elyrion has modified technologies.
- Hunting is replaced by Forest Magic, which allows for the enchantment of wild animals into Polytaur units for two stars (instead of hunting them).
- Whaling is replaced by Water Magic, which allows for the enchantment of Whales into powerful Navalon units for five stars (instead of hunting them for Stars).
- Forestry unlocks the Sanctuary, a building that produces stars for each adjacent wild animal, instead of the Clear Forest ability.
- Moving the starting warrior onto a tile with a wild animal, then enchanting the animal into a Polytaur can "boost" the warrior one tile further. This tactic is useful in the early game to conquer nearby enemies.
- The Elyrion may be influenced by elves.
- In the ambience playing throughout Elyrion lands, waterfalls running, soft, calm music, Unicorns whining gracefully, and a soft tinkling sound can be heard.
- Elyrion is the only tribe to have only one fruit on a fruit tile.
- Ironically, even though Midjiwan declared that the Elyrion are "known for their love and reverence of nature," they can still burn forests.
- The Elyrion have been involved in multiple Earth Day donation events. For example, in 2019, all revenue from sales of the Elyrion tribe on Earth Day was donated to the Earth Day Network. Also, for Earth Day 2020, Midjiwan announced that for each sale of the Elyrion tribe, $1 USD would be donated to the Canopy Reforestation Project until 5,000 trees were planted through these donations.
|Regular Tribes: Xin-Xi, Imperius, Bardur, Oumaji, Kickoo, Hoodrick, Luxidoor, Vengir, Zebasi, Ai-Mo, Quetzali, Yădakk|