"The mysterious ∑∫ỹriȱŋ defend their woodland homes with colorful magic and the ferocity of fire-breathing dragons! They regard Nature as a holy spirit and cannot hunt animals or chop down trees, instead they start the game with the unique Enchantment tech that can turn regular animals into powerful monsters."-Tribe description
The ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe (often romanized as Elyrion) is the second special tribe and the 13th tribe overall in Polytopia. The ∑∫ỹriȱŋ are elves that practice "nature magic." The tribe starts with the Forest Magic technology, which replaces Hunting and allows animals to be enchanted into Polytaur units.
∑∫ỹriȱŋ has a total of three unique units (five if all of the Dragon's phases are included). ∑∫ỹriȱŋ's unique super unit is the Dragon, which evolves from a Dragon Egg to a Baby Dragon and finally a Fire Dragon. ∑∫ỹriȱŋ also has one special building, the Sanctuary.
∑∫ỹriȱŋ is typically considered to be an upper-mid-tier tribe comparable to Yădakk and Hoodrick. ∑∫ỹriȱŋ Polytaurs are well-suited to the fast-paced combat favored by many players. In general, all of ∑∫ỹriȱŋ's unique units, such as the Navalon and the Dragon, are strong units, and ∑∫ỹriȱŋ has good resources. However, the inability to clear forests hurts ∑∫ỹriȱŋ.
∑∫ỹriȱŋ has +crop and -mountain. Therefore, the fact that crops can only be seen after researching Organization is especially important to remember when playing ∑∫ỹriȱŋ.
- Fruit: Sunburst lily
- Animal: Unicorn
- Field: Green fields with pink soil
- Forest: One giant cubical tree with a thick trunk surrounded by two smaller trees
- Mountain: Three rounded cliffs cradling a lake and tree
- City: Yellow buildings with castle-like battlements, towers, and blue roofs with yellow stars
- Helmet: Pointed ears, blue hair, and a yellow gem on the forehead
- Web Shop: The Unicorns love to run around in the magic forests of ∑∫ỹriȱŋ and play hide and seek among the large trees, always leaving a path of rainbow dust in their path. Should you ever look into the dust, you can sometimes get a glimpse of your afterlife, or you will just sneeze.
- Web Shop: When ∑∫ỹriȱŋ dragons are sleeping, they sometimes cry, due to the beauty of their dreams. Any ∑∫ỹriȱŋ who is lucky enough to collect a few drops in their goblet and drink it, will have the most divine dreams for three nights to come.
Special Technologies and Units
As a special tribe, ∑∫ỹriȱŋ has modified technologies.
- Hunting is replaced by Forest Magic, which allows for the enchantment of wild animals into Polytaur units at a cost of two stars (instead of hunting them).
- Whaling is replaced by Water Magic, which allows for the enchantment of Whales into powerful Navalon units at a cost of five stars (instead of hunting them).
- Forestry unlocks the Sanctuary, a building that produces stars for each adjacent wild animal, instead of the clear forest ability.
|This article or section is currently under construction and may not be ready for use yet. This could be because not all information has been compiled yet or because the feature has not been released yet. You are welcome to assist in the article or section's construction by editing it as well. |
- Moving the starting warrior onto a tile with a wild animal, then enchanting the animal into a Polytaur can "boost" the warrior one tile further. This tactic is useful in the early game to conquer nearby enemies. See "Forced Unit Spawns."
- On turn zero, it is suggested that you train one warrior, then enchant one Polytaur, since you can still enchant Polytaurs despite being at the unit limit of your city.
- In the ambience playing throughout ∑∫ỹriȱŋ lands, waterfalls running, soft, calm music, Unicorns whinnying gracefully, and a soft tinkling sound can be heard.
- ∑∫ỹriȱŋ is the only tribe to have just one fruit on a fruit tile.
- ∑∫ỹriȱŋ can see ruins through clouds (a "rainbow flame" will appear above tiles with ruins).
- Ironically, even though Midjiwan declared that the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ are "known for their love and reverence of nature," they can still burn forests.
- The ∑∫ỹriȱŋ have been involved in multiple Earth Day donation events. For example, in 2019, all revenue from sales of the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe on Earth Day was donated to the Earth Day Network. Also, for Earth Day 2020, Midjiwan announced that for each sale of the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe, $1 USD would be donated to the Canopy Reforestation Project until 5,000 trees were planted through these donations.
- The "∑∫ỹriȱŋ language" is available as for players who own the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe. The language is an Easter egg created by Zoythrus, the official community manager.
|Regular tribes: Xin-xi, Imperius, Bardur, Oumaji, Kickoo, Hoodrick, Luxidoor, Vengir, Zebasi, Ai-Mo, Quetzali, Yădakk|