The mysterious ∑∫ỹriȱŋ defend their woodland homes with colorful magic and the ferocity of fire-breathing dragons!
They regard Nature as a holy spirit and cannot hunt animals or chop down trees, instead they start the game with the unique Enchantment tech that can turn regular animals into powerful monsters.-Tribe description
The ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe (romanized as Elyrion) is the second special tribe and the 13th tribe overall in Polytopia. The ∑∫ỹriȱŋ are elves that practice "nature magic." The tribe starts with the Forest Magic technology, which replaces Hunting and allows animals to be enchanted into Polytaur units.
∑∫ỹriȱŋ has a total of three unique units (five if all of the Dragon's phases are included). ∑∫ỹriȱŋ's unique super unit is the Dragon, which evolves from a Dragon Egg into a Baby Dragon and finally a Fire Dragon. ∑∫ỹriȱŋ also has one special building, the Sanctuary.
∑∫ỹriȱŋ is considered an upper-mid-tier tribe comparable to Yădakk and Hoodrick. ∑∫ỹriȱŋ Polytaurs are well-suited to the fast-paced combat favored by many players. In general, all of ∑∫ỹriȱŋ's unique units, such as the Navalon and the Dragon, are strong units, and ∑∫ỹriȱŋ has good resources. However, the inability to clear forests hurts ∑∫ỹriȱŋ.
As a special tribe, ∑∫ỹriȱŋ has modified technologies that unlock unique units, buildings, and abilities.
|Forestry||Sanctuary, Lumber Hut|
|Water Magic||Whaling||Enchant Whale (see Navalon)|
∑∫ỹriȱŋ has +crop and -mountain. Therefore, the fact that crops can only be seen after researching Organization is especially pertinent to ∑∫ỹriȱŋ.
- Fruit: Sunburst lily
- Animal: Unicorn
- Field: Green fields with pink soil
- Forest: One giant cubical tree with a thick trunk surrounded by two smaller trees
- Mountain: Three rounded cliffs cradling a lake and tree
- City: Yellow buildings with castle-like battlements, towers, and blue roofs with yellow stars
- Helmet: Pointed ears, blue hair, and a yellow gem on the forehead
- 2021: Tending to the forest isn't just a hobby for ∑∫ỹriȱŋ citizens, but a way of life.
- The Unicorns love to run around in the magic forests of ∑∫ỹriȱŋ and play hide and seek among the large trees, always leaving a path of rainbow dust in their path. Should you ever look into the dust, you can sometimes get a glimpse of your afterlife, or you will just sneeze.
- When ∑∫ỹriȱŋ dragons are sleeping, they sometimes cry, due to the beauty of their dreams. Any ∑∫ỹriȱŋ who is lucky enough to collect a few drops in their goblet and drink it, will have the most divine dreams for three nights to come.
- Main article: ∑∫ỹriȱŋ/Strategy
Players can "boost" their units by moving them onto a wild animal, then enchanting the wild animal into a Polytaur, causing a forced unit spawn. This is especially useful in the early game and on turn 0.
~, ¦, þa, ţe, Ŧo, ƒi, ȓ, ȱŋ, Δ, πo, ‡, ₺, ₼, ∑
- In the ambience playing throughout ∑∫ỹriȱŋ lands, waterfalls running, soft, calm music, Unicorns whinnying gracefully, and a soft tinkling sound can be heard.
- ∑∫ỹriȱŋ is the only tribe to have just one fruit on a fruit tile.
- ∑∫ỹriȱŋ can see ruins through clouds (a "rainbow flame" will appear above tiles with ruins).
- Ironically, even though Midjiwan declared that the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ are "known for their love and reverence of nature," they can still burn forests and build Lumber Huts.
- The ∑∫ỹriȱŋ have been involved in multiple Earth Day donation events. For example, in 2019, all revenue from sales of the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe on Earth Day was donated to the Earth Day Network. Also, for Earth Day 2020, Midjiwan announced that for each sale of the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe, $1 USD would be donated to the Canopy Reforestation Project until 5,000 trees were planted through these donations.
- The "∑∫ỹriȱŋ language" is available as for players who own the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe. The language is an Easter egg created by Zoythrus, the official community manager.
|Regular tribes: Xin-xi, Imperius, Bardur, Oumaji, Kickoo, Hoodrick, Luxidoor, Vengir, Zebasi, Ai-Mo, Quetzali, Yădakk|