The mysterious ∑∫ỹriȱŋ defend their woodland homes with colorful magic and the ferocity of fire-breathing dragons!
They regard Nature as a holy spirit and cannot hunt animals or chop down trees, instead they start the game with the unique Enchantment tech that can turn regular animals into powerful monsters.-Tribe description
∑∫ỹriȱŋ (romanized as Elyrion) is the second special tribe and the 13th tribe overall in Polytopia. The ∑∫ỹriȱŋ are elves that practice "nature magic" and enchant animals, turning them into units. The tribe starts with the Forest Magic technology, which allows ∑∫ỹriȱŋ to enchant animals and turn them into Polytaur units.
∑∫ỹriȱŋ is considered an upper-mid-tier tribe comparable to Yădakk and Polaris. ∑∫ỹriȱŋ Polytaurs are well-suited to the fast-paced combat favored by many players. In general, all of ∑∫ỹriȱŋ's unique units, such as the Navalon and the Dragon, are strong units, and ∑∫ỹriȱŋ has good resources.
∑∫ỹriȱŋ can see ruins through clouds ("rainbow flames" will appear above tiles with ruins).
|Forest Magic||Hunting||Enchant Animal (see Polytaur)|
|Forestry||Lumber Hut, Sanctuary|
|Water Magic||Whaling||Enchant Whale (see Navalon)|
|Free Spirit||Forest Temple and Disband only (∑∫ỹriȱŋ does not have access to Clear Forest)|
|Chivalry||Knight only (∑∫ỹriȱŋ does not have access to Burn Forest)|
∑∫ỹriȱŋ has +crop and -mountain. Therefore, the fact that crops can only be seen after researching Organization is especially pertinent to ∑∫ỹriȱŋ.
- 2021 Tribe Week: Tending to the forest isn't just a hobby for ∑∫ỹriȱŋ citizens, but a way of life.
- 2022 Tribe Week: “I have no friends, so I’ll have to make my own!” thought a lonely ∑∫ỹriȱŋ citizen to themself before enchanting a unicorn into the first Polytaur. Ever since, Polytaurs have been a beloved part of ∑∫ỹriȱŋ society, often as cuddly companions, cheap labor, or steadfast soldiers.
- The Unicorns love to run around in the magic forests of ∑∫ỹriȱŋ and play hide and seek among the large trees, always leaving a path of rainbow dust in their path. Should you ever look into the dust, you can sometimes get a glimpse of your afterlife, or you will just sneeze.
- When ∑∫ỹriȱŋ dragons are sleeping, they sometimes cry, due to the beauty of their dreams. Any ∑∫ỹriȱŋ who is lucky enough to collect a few drops in their goblet and drink it, will have the most divine dreams for three nights to come.
- Main article: ∑∫ỹriȱŋ/Strategy
Players can "boost" their units by moving them onto a wild animal, then enchanting the wild animal into a Polytaur, causing a forced unit spawn. This is especially useful in the early game and on turn 0.
The ∑∫ỹriȱŋ are elves as long hair and long pointed ears are common traits in this fantastic race. They are also influenced by fantasy worlds and fairy tales (giant lilies, castles, mythical unicorns, etc.). The belief that elves respect nature is also found in the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe.
- Fruit: Sunburst lily
- Animal: Unicorn
- Field: Green fields with pink soil
- Forest: One giant cubical tree with a thick trunk surrounded by two smaller trees
- Mountain: Three rounded cliffs cradling a lake and tree
- City: Yellow buildings with castle-like battlements, towers, and blue roofs with yellow stars
- Helmet: Pointed ears, blue hair, and a yellow gem on the forehead
City Naming Syllables
~, ¦, þa, ţe, Ŧo, ƒi, ȓ, ȱŋ, Δ, πo, ‡, ₺, ₼, ∑
- ∑∫ỹriȱŋ is the only tribe to have just one fruit on a fruit tile.
- Ironically, even though Midjiwan declared that the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ are "known for their love and reverence of nature," they could still burn forests until update 2.0.58.
- The ∑∫ỹriȱŋ have been involved in multiple Earth Day donation events. For example, in 2019, all revenue from sales of the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe on Earth Day was donated to the Earth Day Network. A year later, Midjiwan announced that for each sale of the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe, $1 USD would be donated to the Canopy Reforestation Project until 5,000 trees were planted through these donations.
- The "∑∫ỹriȱŋ language" is available to players who own the ∑∫ỹriȱŋ tribe. The language is an Easter egg created by Zoythrus, the official community manager.