From the deep oceans a long lost civilization appears! Their extreme isolation has given them special aquatic abilities that are unknown to the other more human tribes.
Aquarion have a slightly different tech tree and have access to the unique amphibious turtle units that no other tribe can train.-Tribe description
Aquarion is the first special tribe and the 11th tribe overall in Polytopia. Aquarion does not have any starting technology. Instead, Aquarion has three tribe-specific units, the Amphibian, the Tridention, and the Crab (which replace the Rider, Knight and Giant, respectively).
Aquarion takes a long time to develop its economy and military, so it is weak unless the game has a large map size or low opponent count. Aquarion's main strength is the Tridention, a powerful ranged unit with high mobility and a strong attack that can be unstoppable in large numbers. However, researching Spearing, the technology that unlocks the Tridention, is a slow process because Aquarion has no starting technology, its resources are few and varied, and Spearing is on a different branch from the resource technologies. This leaves Aquarion vulnerable in the early and mid-game. Also, the investment in Spearing often comes at the cost of faster economic development. Furthermore, Aquarion's fragmented landmasses may hinder Warriors, particularly during early-game exploration. (Although the Amphibian does not experience this issue, researching Riding instead of a resource technology early on slows down economic development even more.) Finally, the utility of the Amphibian is limited by its reduced movement on land (without Roads), and the Crab's lack of a ranged attack makes it weaker in naval combat than a Giant Battleship.
As a special tribe, Aquarion has modified technologies that unlock unique units, buildings, and abilities. Specifically, the Chivalry branch of the technology tree is modified into the Spearing branch for Aquarion.
|Riding||Amphibian, movement in shallow water|
|Free Diving||Free Spirit||Temple, movement in ocean, Disband ability|
|Spearing||Chivlary||Tridention, Burn Forest ability|
Aquarion has -forest and +water. (30% of Aquarion's tiles are replaced with water.)
- THEY CAME FROM THE DEEP – eons at peace with turtle and crab – raged by stirring ships above. AQUARION RISE – defend the deep!
- Having risen from the depths of the ocean to fight in Square-wide struggle, the water-breathing, fish-like Aquarion have summoned their aquatic allies to take dominion over their land-dwelling kin.
- 2020 Tribe Day: The Aquarion empire is vigilantly defended by the mighty behemoths, the Crabs. It was a pact long ago that brought the Crabs and the Aquarion together, and this pact will remain until peace is brought to the Square once again.
- 2021 Tribe Week: Atop the Icopo Reefs are where the Aquarion built their seaside settlements, which are nestled between the cracks of pink coral islets. At home on the coast, the amphibious Aquarion prefer to live where they can see both the majesty of the clear skies and the beauty of the placid seas!
- Web Shop: When the Turmelons are not helping Aquarion warriors, they like to spend their time in the mysterious depths of the ocean, swimming about in the palace of the lost city.
- Web Shop: Aquarion warriors always... drink a mixture of salt water and octopus blood before going to battle.
- Steam: Having risen from the depths of the ocean to fight in Square-wide struggle, the water-breathing, fish-like Aquarion have summoned their aquatic allies to take dominion over their land-dwelling kin.
Aquarion is probably based on the tale of Atlantis.
- Fruit: Tunico (sea cucumbers)
- Animal: Turmelon (sea turtle)
- Field: Continental shelf resembling shallow water tiles in colour that is slightly lower than the land of other tribes
- Forest: Kelp forest
- Mountain: Pink boulders
- City: Gray stone pillars with pink or gold roofs and ornaments
- Helmet: Silver-gray helmet with pink plumes and fish gills
aq, at, do, eid, fic, ico, in, lan, nau, nép, po, pol, quo, séi, tic, tis, tun
- In the ambience that plays throughout Aquarion lands, the sound of the sea and calm music are heard.
- Aquarion Knights and Riders (obtained by mind-bending enemy units) ride slightly larger Turmelons (turtles) than Tridentions and Amphibians.
- Aquarion’s special units initially did not receive a defence bonus in cities. However, when the fortify skill was introduced, the Amphibian and the Tridention gained that skill, allowing them to receive a defence bonus in cities.
- During part of the beta testing period, Aquarion started with the Aquatism technology.