From the deep oceans a long lost civilization appears! Their extreme isolation has given them special aquatic abilities that are unknown to the other more normal tribes.
Aquarion have a slightly different tech tree and have access to the unique amphibious turtle units that no other tribe can train.-Tribe description
Aquarion is the first special tribe and the 11th tribe overall in Polytopia. Aquarion does not have any starting technology, but it has three tribe-specific units, the Amphibian, the Tridention, and the Crab.
Aquarion takes a long time to develop its economy and military, so it is weak unless the game has a large map size or low opponent count. Aquarion's main strength is the Tridention, a powerful ranged unit with high mobility and a strong attack that can be unstoppable in large numbers. However, researching Spearing, the technology that unlocks the Tridention, is a slow process because Aquarion has no starting technology, its resources are few and varied, and Spearing is on a different branch from the resource technologies. This leaves Aquarion vulnerable in the early and mid-game. Also, the investment in Spearing often comes at the cost of faster economic development. Furthermore, Aquarion's fragmented landmasses may hinder Warriors, particularly during early-game exploration. (Although the Amphibian does not experience this issue, researching Riding instead of a resource technology early on slows down economic development even more.) Finally, the utility of the Amphibian is limited by its reduced movement on land (without Roads), and the Crab's lack of a ranged attack makes it weaker in naval combat than a Giant Battleship.
Aquarion has a modified Chivalry (Spearing) branch of the technology tree. The Spearing branch unlocks the Amphibian and Tridention, which are units unique to Aquarion, and the ability to move in water and ocean.
|Riding||Amphibian, movement in shallow water|
|Free Diving||Free Spirit||Temple, Clear Forest, movement in ocean, Disband ability|
|Spearing||Chivlary||Tridention, Burn Forest ability|
- This article or section needs to be updated for version 2.0.58.
Aquarion has -forest and +water.
The Aquarion are ocean-dwelling, water-breathing, and fish-like Polytopians. Their tribe previously lived in harmony with Turmelons and crabs. However, Aquarion was disturbed by and now participate in "Square-wide struggle."
- 2020 Tribe Day: The Aquarion empire is vigilantly defended by the mighty behemoths, the Crabs. It was a pact long ago that brought the Crabs and the Aquarion together, and this pact will remain until peace is brought to the Square once again.
- 2021 Tribe Week: Atop the Icopo Reefs are where the Aquarion built their seaside settlements, which are nestled between the cracks of pink coral islets. At home on the coast, the amphibious Aquarion prefer to live where they can see both the majesty of the clear skies and the beauty of the placid seas!
- When the Turmelons are not helping Aquarion warriors, they like to spend their time in the mysterious depths of the ocean, swimming about in the palace of the lost city.
- Aquarion warriors always... drink a mixture of salt water and octopus blood before going to battle.
Aquarion is likely inspired by the tale of Atlantis.
- Fruit: Tunico (sea cucumbers)
- Animal: Turmelon (sea turtle)
- Field: Continental shelf resembling shallow water tiles in colour that is slightly lower than the land of other tribes
- Forest: Kelp forest
- Mountain: Pink boulders
- City: Gray stone pillars with pink or gold roofs and ornaments
- Helmet: Silver-gray helmet with pink plumes and fish gills
City Naming Syllables
aq, at, do, eid, fic, ico, in, lan, nau, nép, po, pol, quo, séi, tic, tis, tun
- During part of its beta testing period, Aquarion started with the Aquatism technology.
- Aquarion's resources were adjusted in update 2.0.58.
- "Let's Meet the Aquarion!". Steam. "Having risen from the depths of the ocean to fight in Square-wide struggle, the water-breathing, fish-like Aquarion have summoned their aquatic allies to take dominion over their land-dwelling kin."
- Midjiwan. Post on Instagram.
- "Aquarion Tee". Polytopia Shop of Souvenirs.
- "Aquarion Mug". Polytopia Shop of Souvenirs.