The Aquarion are the 11th tribe in Polytopia and the first special tribe. The Aquarion start off with no technology, but instead three tribe-specific units: the Amphibian, the Tridention and the Crab, replacing the Rider, Knight and Giant, respectively. They resemble the ancient Atlantis culture, conceived by the Greek mythology.
"From the deep oceans a long lost civilization appears. Their extreme isolation has given them special aquatic abilities that are unknown to the other more human tribes."
- Fruit: Sea cucumbers
- Land: Continental shelf
- Forests: Kelp forest
- Animals: Turmelon (Sea turtle)
- Mountains: Pink boulders
- Cities: Gray stone pillars with red roofs, grey designs on the walls, and gold rooftops
- Helmet: Fish head
- Color: Salmon pink
Being a special tribe, their tech tree is modified. Here are a list of changes:
- Free Spirit is renamed "Free Diving", and allows for movement in ocean.
- Chivalry is renamed "Spearing", which allows you to train a Tridention instead of a Knight.
- Both Riding and Sailing allow movement in shallow water for units with swim. Riding also allows you to train an Amphibian instead of a Rider. Likewise, both Free Diving and Navigation allow movement in ocean for units with swim.
- If you convert an Amphibian, Tridention, or Crab, it will say [tribe] Amphibian, Tridention, or Crab, respectively.
- It is the first "Special" tribe in Polytopia, with its own section below the human tribes.
- Converted Aquarion Knights and Riders have slightly larger turtles than Amphibians and Tridentions.
- Aquarion’s special units do not get a defence bonus in cities, yet they get a defence bonus in tech-specific terrain once that tech is researched.
- According to the web shop, the Aquarion's favourite drink is a mixture of salt water and octopus blood, that is usually drunk by their warriors before going to battle.
- While in beta testing, Aquarion started with the Aquatism tech.
- In the ambience which plays throughout Aquarion lands, several sounds are heard. These sounds are the sound of the sea and of calm music being continously played in the background.
|Xin-Xi, Imperius, Bardur, Oumaji, Kickoo, Hoodrick, Luxidoor, Vengir, Zebasi, Ai-Mo, Quetzali, Yădakk, Aquarion, ∑∫ỹriȱŋ|