The Archer is a ranged unit that is unlocked after researching the Archery technology. Archers have low attack, but their range makes it possible to shoot from one tile away, while continually moving back. In masses, they can perfectly counter Giants, Defenders and Mind Benders because those units do not have the dash skill. Additionally, with the defence buff Archery gives you in forest, Archers in forests are a viable strategy. The Hoodrick tribe starts the game with an Archer.
- Attack: 2
- Defence: 1
- Movement: 1
- Health: 10 (15 after reaching Veteran status)
- Range: 2
- Cost: 3 stars
- Skills: Dash,Fortify
Strengths and Weaknesses
Archers are good for:
- Back-end army support. The archer can be used to weaken enemy units while a melee unit comes in for the kill. This works great against warriors, and to a lesser extent, knights, riders, defenders, and swordsman.
- Killing catapults. Catapults that is protected by giants, defenders, and swordsman is usually very troublesome. However, the archer takes care of that. Its long range and the dash ability means as long as you can pinpoint where the enemy catapult is, the archer can easily kill it, completely ignoring any units that could protect it.
- Killing a Giant. Archers can repeatedly move backwards and snipe Giants from a tile away and the Giant, lacking dash, will be helpless to the onslaught.
Archers aren't good for:
- Unsupported combat. They are fragile units, and are easily defeated by high-mobility units such as Knights or other units with dash.
- Naval units. Archers are a terrible troop to put in boats, ships, and battleships as they have the same health, a lower defense, and cost 1 more star than a default warrior. This means that putting a warrior in a battleship is in every way better than an archer in a battleship.
- Capturing cities. They have low HP and defence and will likely not survive a turn capturing a city. They are better used defending a city from a counterattack while a stronger unit takes the brunt of the damage.
|Warrior, Rider, Archer, Swordsman, Catapult, Knight, Defender, Giant, Boat, Ship, Battleship, Mind Bender, Amphibian, Tridention, Crab, Polytaur, Navalon, Dragon Egg, Baby Dragon, Fire Dragon, Mooni, Ice Archer, Battle Sled, Ice Fortress, Gaami, Nature Bunny, Scout (removed), Guard Tower (removed)|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.