"Surviving the harsh eternal winter of the Bardur woods is not an easy task, but Bardur seems to thrive here."Bardur is the third of the 12 human tribes in Polytopia. It is one of the four free tribes in the game, the others being Xin-Xi, Imperius, and Oumaji. Bardur starts with the Hunting tech.
Bardur has +fruit, --crop, and ++game.
- Fruit: Øgelfuss Berries (blueberries)
- Land: Fields covered in white snow
- Forests: Spruce trees
- Animals: Bærion (plural: Bærians)
- Mountains: Icy white mountains
- Cities: Wooden blocks with orange lights and either black or grassy roofs
- Helmets: Horned helmets
- Color: Black
From the web shop:
- A Bærion in the wild is not to be played with, but if you ever manage to get close enough, [a] special comb is your only chance to tame it into a reliable warrior companion. Take a firm grip of the ear (preferably the left one), tug it gently three times backwards, and if you haven't been eaten by then, you will have a faithful companion for life. Source
- In Barduria, children go through a prestigious ritual in order to become a respected member of their community. The ritual includes a cold forest, a bunch of wild Bærians, and a tent. Most of them never make it back home. Instead, the Bærians grow big and fat and are enjoyed both as a tasty feast and [as] a great warrior companion. Source
- Pine needles, hot water, and rabbit fat are all you need to make Ullefurgh, the favourite beverage of the Bardur youth. Ullefurgh is traditionally drunk from cups made of Bærion fangs. Source
From Instagram: And just when you thought you were safe, the Bardur jumps out of the woods, dressed in wet bear furs and faces smeared with blueberry jam.
Bardur is a very strong tribe because it has large numbers of Forests. Forests are especially powerful once Forestry is researched because they can either be used in conjunction with Sawmills to quickly upgrade cities for Giants or be chopped, granting a substantial number of stars. Either way, Bardur’s large number of Forests allows for very quick economic growth.
Also, Bardur’s resources are relatively homogeneous, being large amounts of just Forests, game, and fruit. This allows Bardur to develop more quickly than tribes with varied resources, like Xin-Xi, that need to research many different techs to make use of all of their resources.
Old Bardur Theme
- The Bardur resemble Scandinavian Vikings.
- In the ambience playing throughout Bardur lands, strong gusts of wind, a quiet tinkling sound, and wolves howling in the distance are heard.
- In update 1.13.2, the Bardur theme was changed, adding a melody line over the "old theme." Midjitone, who writes the music for Polytopia, stated in a Reddit AMA that the melody was present in the original version of the theme, but, for some reason, it was removed prior to the initial release of the game.
|Regular Tribes: Xin-Xi, Imperius, Bardur, Oumaji, Kickoo, Hoodrick, Luxidoor, Vengir, Zebasi, Ai-Mo, Quetzali, Yădakk|