Surviving the harsh eternal winter of the Bardur woods is not an easy task, but Bardur seems to thrive here.
The Bardur tribe is the third of the 12 regular tribes in Polytopia. It is one of the four free tribes in the game, the others being Xin-xi, Imperius, and Oumaji. Bardur starts with the Hunting technology.
Bardur has +fruit, --crop, and ++game.
- Main article: Bardur/Strategy
- 2020 Tribe Moon: The process of choosing the next Bardur Jarl is simple, they choose candidates and roll a dice. Bardurians believe the will of the gods is best found in circumstances of chance and chaos, such as the heat of battle.
- Instagram:And just when you thought you were safe, the Bardur jumps out of the woods, dressed in wet bear furs and faces smeared with blueberry jam.
- A Bærion in the wild is not to be played with, but if you ever manage to get close enough, [a] special comb is your only chance to tame it into a reliable warrior companion. Take a firm grip of the ear (preferably the left one), tug it gently three times backwards, and if you haven't been eaten by then, you will have a faithful companion for life.
- In Barduria, children go through a prestigious ritual in order to become a respected member of their community. The ritual includes a cold forest, a bunch of wild Bærians, and a tent. Most of them never make it back home. Instead, the Bærians grow big and fat and are enjoyed both as a tasty feast and [as] a great warrior companion.
- Pine needles, hot water, and rabbit fat are all you need to make Ullefurgh, the favourite beverage of the Bardur youth. Ullefurgh is traditionally drunk from cups made of Bærion fangs.
- Fruit: Øgelfuss Berries (blueberries)
- Animal: Bærion (plural: Bærians)
- Field: Fields covered in white snow
- Forest: Spruce trees
- Mountain: Snowy white mountains
- City: Wooden blocks with orange lights, skulls as decoration, and either black or grassy roofs
- Helmet: Horned helmet
- Ambience: Strong gusts of wind, a quiet tinkling sound, and wolves howling in the distance.
- Theme: Features a prominent baseline.
- Polytopia Music: Yrmil Grøl by The Bardur Quartet
City Naming Syllables
ark, bu, fla, gru, gu, lak, lin, ork, rø, tof, ur
- The Bardur resemble Scandinavian Vikings.
- In update 1.13.2, the Bardur theme was changed, adding a melody line over the "old theme." Midjitone, the sound designer of Polytopia, stated that the melody was present in the original version of the theme, but it was removed prior to the initial release of the game for some reason.
- The original in-game description of Bardur read, "Surviving the harsh eternal winter of Barduria...". "Barduria" was changed to "the Bardur woods," perhaps due to copyright issues.
|Regular tribes: Xin-xi, Imperius, Bardur, Oumaji, Kickoo, Hoodrick, Luxidoor, Vengir, Zebasi, Ai-Mo, Quetzali, Yădakk|