The Battleship is a powerful sea unit, added in the "Power" update. It is unlocked with Navigation, and is the upgrade of Ship, having overall better stats. For a 15-star fee, you can upgrade an individual ship into a battleship. Battleships can move onto land from water tiles, but when you move back onto water via ports, the unit will become a boat again. You can also receive battleships as rewards via Ruins.
- Attack: 4
- Defence: 3
- Movement: 3
- Health: Varying (Depends on unit on board)
- Range: 2
- Cost: 15 stars to upgrade from Ship
- Skills: Carry, scout, dash
Strengths and Weaknesses
Battleships are good for:
- Exploring. The Battleship's high movement speed and large line of sight means that exploration on the sea is easier than ever! As soon as you find land or a village, you can send a less expensive boat or ship to go explore it while your battleship focuses on other things.
- Heavy Bombardment from Sea. If one of these rolls up in your waters, it's probably not coming to sit down and talk over a tea with you - it means business. With the damage of a catapult and the defence of a defender, this beast is the ultimate destroyer. It can wipe out entire forces from the coast, clearing a path for your armies to invade.
- Quick and Powerful Retaliation. Someone's ship just attacked your giant in a boat? Got 20 stars to spare? Ship upgrading is like upgrading to Veteran: it does not consume your attack. If you're in a quick fix, you can max your boat instantly and make whoever dared touch you pay dearly!
Battleships aren't good for:
- Transport/Capturing Cities. The Battleship's high cost means that it would be a huge waste of resources to spend 20 stars on a warship, then blow it all when you land. Even if there is an open city, it is usually not a good idea to land with a battleship. Better to use cheaper ships or boats instead.
- Score. Each of the other tier 3 units grants you score proportional to their resource cost. But stars sunk into ship or battleship upgrades are "wasted" in score terms. Near the end of a Perfection game, be careful not to do more Battleship upgrades than you need, as you get no direct return on the investment.
- When you move a battleship onto land, you will get a popup saying "Disembark Battleship", providing a confirmation message, to warn the player of a possibly resource-inefficient move
- Instead of a rock or an arrow, the projectile shot by the Battleship is a fireball accompanied by a spark effect. It is the only unit to use a fireball other than the Fire Dragon
- The Battleship used to be its own separate unit that could be trained in cities, move on water, and capture cities. However, this feature never made it out of beta.
|Warrior, Rider, Archer, Swordsman, Catapult, Knight, Defender, Giant, Boat, Ship, Battleship, Mind Bender, Amphibian, Tridention, Crab, Polytaur, Navalon, Dragon Egg, Baby Dragon, Fire Dragon, Nature Bunny, Scout (removed), Guard Tower (removed)|
|Battleship, Crab, Explorer, Giant, Population, Population Growth, Stars, Super Unit, Technology|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.