"The yellow autumn leaves of the Hoodrick woods are perfect hideouts for its peculiar mushroom stuffing inhabitants."-Tribe description
Hoodrick is generally considered to be an upper-mid-tier tribe comparable to but somewhat weaker than Yădakk and ∑∫ỹriȱŋ. Hoodrick is strong not only because it has early-game access to Archers but also because it has many forests, even more than Bardur does. Forests allow for very quick economic growth once Forestry is researched. They can be cleared for stars, a versatile option that allows players to upgrade cities using other resources, train units, and buy technologies per their needs. Alternatively, lumber huts can be used (often in conjunction with sawmills) to quickly upgrade cities and obtain super units. Forests also provide a defense bonus for Hoodrick units. However, Hoodrick takes a relatively long time to research Forestry and fully exploit their resources. Consider how Bardur immediately has access to Forestry, while Hoodrick needs to purchase Hunting first.
Hoodrick has +forest and -mountain.
- Fruit: Quissberries (raspberries)
- Animal: Hooxe (bull)
- Field: Olive green-colored fields with pale soil
- Forest: Maple trees with yellow- and orange-colored autumn leaves
- Mountain: Hills considerably less tall than other tribes' mountains
- City: Medieval English-style cottages and castle-like structures
- Helmet: Green bycocket hat (common throughout medieval Western Europe) with red feather
- 2019 Tribe Day: The Helarda Pillars were built to commemorate the unity of the Hoodrick people after a period of turmoil. Each of the 4 arms represents a core ideal in Hoodrick society: Justice, Kindness, Nature, and Accuracy.
- 2020 Tribe Moon: The Hoodrick are known throughout the Square for their baked goods. Quissberries can be made into pies, cobblers, tarts, fritters, breads, jams, and a multitude of other delightful confections, and even their enemies have to agree that no one can bake like the Hoodrick.
- Web Shop: The Hoodrick Quissberry tea is known all over Polytopia for its refreshing and mind sharpening abilities.
- Web Shop: If you ever encounter a Hooxe in the woods, be sure to always carry a handful of Hurgh mushrooms in your pocket. This might prevent unnecessary death, since the Hooxes are crazy about this rare delicacy.
|This article or section is currently under construction and may not be ready for use yet. This could be because not all information has been compiled yet or because the feature has not been released yet. You are welcome to assist in the article or section's construction by editing it as well. |
Archers and Giants are an effective combination: Giants move forward, protecting the Archers, while Archers stay behind and hit enemy units with their ranged attack.
- Hoodrick is directly inspired by the legendary English Robin Hood, as confirmed by Zoythrus, the official community manager.
- In the ambience playing throughout Hoodrick lands, a strong wind blowing through leaves and grass, birds chirping, and a noise resembling an instrument of sorts or woodpecker drumming are heard.
- Hoodrick is the first tribe, in release order, to start with a tier two technology.
|Regular tribes: Xin-xi, Imperius, Bardur, Oumaji, Kickoo, Hoodrick, Luxidoor, Vengir, Zebasi, Ai-Mo, Quetzali, Yădakk|