The Ice Archer is a unit exclusive to the Polaris tribe that has the ability to freeze enemy units from a distance. Ice Archers are unlocked with the Archery technology and replace the Archer. Ice Archers do not deal any damage when attacking (freezing the attacked enemy unit instead).
Strengths and Weaknesses
Ice Archers are good at:
- Back-end support. Ice Archers range combined with the freeze ability allow them to completely stop enemies from retaliating.
- Taking down giants. Combined with other high damage units or Mind Benders giants can easily be destroyed or converted.
Ice Archers aren't good at:
- Being left alone. An Ice Archer can incapacitate one other unit at a time, but it requires every action until support arrives. If there are more enemy units than there are Ice Archers in an all Ice Archer army, the Ice Archers will lose.
- Damaging enemies. Ice Archers do not deal damage, so any tactic requiring them to do damage won't work.
- Ice Archers will never deal any retaliation damage to an attacker.
- The "ice arrow" projectile shot by an Ice Archer is not shot by any other unit.
|Land units: Warrior, Rider, Archer, Swordman, Catapult, Knight, Defender, Mind Bender, Nature Bunny|
Naval units: Boat, Ship, Battleship
Super units: Giant, Crab, Dragon, Gaami
Aquarion units: Amphibian, Tridention
∑∫ỹriȱŋ units: Polytaur, Navalon
Polaris units: Mooni, Battle Sled, Ice Fortress, Ice Archer
Removed units: Scout, Guard Tower