"White sandy beaches with coconut palms. Abundance of fruit and fish. Welcome to the home of the Kickoo."-Tribe description
Kickoo is typically considered to be one of the three strongest tribes in the game (the others being Luxidoor and Bardur) not only because Kickoo can upgrade its capital on turn 0, but also because it can build very strong Customs Houses due to the high amount of water in their territory. Also, Fishing is a strong starting technology because it allows Kickoo to rush Sailing and quickly build Ports for naval control and quickly harvest Whales. These strengths make Kickoo particularly strong in Perfection because Custom Houses are very important in Perfection, Whales are immediately visible when spawning (useful for spawn-resetting), and Kickoo has the highest chances of spawning with whales, even multiple whales, since it has the most water (whale spawn rates are consistent across tribes).
However, Kickoo is somewhat weaker early-game, particularly in more crowded games, as its fragmented landmasses can make exploration and getting villages more difficult, and it requires some time to build up its economy (centered around Ports). Nevertheless, it still remains one of the strongest tribes.
Kickoo has -mountain, +fish, and ++water. (40% of Kickoo tiles are replaced with water.)
- Fruit: Banoo (banana)
- Animal: Leoons (leopards)
- Field: Green fields with sandy, pale soil
- Forest: Palm trees
- Mountain: Basalt columns resembling Giant's Causeway that extend into the soil
- City: Lime green buildings with roofs of banana leaves
- Helmet: Long hair to one side, a red headband, and green feathers
- 2019 Tribe Day: Have you heard the story of the famed Kickoo ship, the Innikuli? Its crew were the first Polytopians to sail to each of the four corners of the Square!
- 2020 Tribe Moon: When Kickoo sailors aren't sailing, they prefer to play sports! Footraces, wrestling, and canoeing are common, but the most popular sport is Hak'ilani, which is similar to tennis but played by 4 players on a specially-made floating platform. Don't fall off!
- Web Shop: Only Kickoo are smooth and lithe enough to chase the feathers of the Koi-oi bird. The feathers can be used for a number of things, but above all it tastes delicious. Sun-dried and milled is the main ingredient of the traditional Koi-oi potion.
- Web Shop: Leoons love to carry their friends on their backs. If you ever get a chance to try, be sure to hold on tight! They can run faster than the fastest Shebron of the Square, leaving just a puff of smoke and faint orange trail in their path.
- Web Shop: The Leoons are lively animals, always looking for friends to play with. When they feel lonely they get sad, and it can be tricky to get them motivated to help the Kickoo push their boats into the ocean.
Kickoo's water-dominated terrain allows Kickoo to have very powerful Customs Houses. Given the time to research Trade and build many Ports and Customs Houses, Kickoo can establish an extremely powerful economy and produce large numbers of Battleships.
However, Kickoo can be more vulnerable early-game, especially in more crowded games where it does not have the opportunity to establish Custom Houses.
Kickoo is also very good in Perfection. It has the highest chances of spawning with whales (even multiple whales), and its whales are immediately visible when spawning. Also, Kickoo’s starting technology, Fishing, is not only useful in itself but also allows Kickoo to quickly get Sailing. This additionally synergizes with Customs Houses, which will become your main source of income in the late-game.
- The Kickoo resemble the native peoples of island nations.
- In the ambience playing throughout Kickoo lands, water striking on the beach; a curious thumping sound, as if someone was playing a series of drums or instruments of sorts; and faint sounds of what seems to be an animal roaring in the distance are heard.
- Kickoo is the only tribe that starts with a Tier 1 technology and was released with the initial release of the game that is not free.
- Kickoo is the most purchased tribe on the App Store.
- Kickoo Banoos (bananas) found on fields, despite bananas growing on trees, Kickoo's trees being palm trees, and their description mentioning coconuts.
- Kickoo's mountains are the only mountains to extend into the soil.
- Luxidoor "inherited" their trees from Kickoo. Before Luxidoor was released, Kickoo had the trees that Luxidoor now has.
|Regular tribes: Xin-xi, Imperius, Bardur, Oumaji, Kickoo, Hoodrick, Luxidoor, Vengir, Zebasi, Ai-Mo, Quetzali, Yădakk|