White sandy beaches with coconut palms. Abundance of fruit and fish. Welcome to the home of the Kickoo.-Tribe description
Kickoo is one of the strongest tribes. It can upgrade its capital on turn 0. Also, Fishing is a powerful starting technology because it allows Kickoo to quickly research Sailing and build Ports for naval control while leveling up cities. Moreover, Kickoo's use of Ports allows it to build strong Customs Houses and easily form city connections over water.
Kickoo has -mountain, +fish, and ++water.
An adventurous bunch, the Kickoo love the water and everything there is to know about boats and overseas trade. Riding speedy Leeons and harvesting delicious banoos, the Kickoo are a force to be reckoned with.-Zoythrus on Steam
- 2019 Tribe Day: Have you heard the story of the famed Kickoo ship, the Innikuli? Its crew were the first Polytopians to sail to each of the four corners of the Square!
- 2020 Tribe Moon: When Kickoo sailors aren't sailing, they prefer to play sports! Footraces, wrestling, and canoeing are common, but the most popular sport is Hak'ilani, which is similar to tennis but played by 4 players on a specially-made floating platform. Don't fall off!
- 2021 Tribe Moon: When you live in an archipelago, fish tend to be your primary food source. The Kickoo believe that the elaborate system of movements and rhythms of the mystical "Pelona Fish Ceremony” encourages schools of fish to enter their waters for easy harvesting.
- Only Kickoo are smooth and lithe enough to chase the feathers of the Koi-oi bird. The feathers can be used for a number of things, but above all it tastes delicious. Sun-dried and milled is the main ingredient of the traditional Koi-oi potion.
- Leoons love to carry their friends on their backs. If you ever get a chance to try, be sure to hold on tight! They can run faster than the fastest Shebron of the Square, leaving just a puff of smoke and faint orange trail in their path.
- The Leoons are lively animals, always looking for friends to play with. When they feel lonely they get sad, and it can be tricky to get them motivated to help the Kickoo push their boats into the ocean.
The Kickoo tribe is inspired by Polynesian cultures, the terrain seems to be archipelagic and has white shores, that resembles Austronesian and Caribbean terrain, houses on poles, fish as the main resource and banoo as a fruit are references to the culture of these regions. Kickoo's fruit are Banoos (bananas), despite that Kickoo's trees are palm trees.
Kickoo's mountains are the only ones to extend into the soil.
- Fruit: Banoo (banana)
- Animal: Leoons (leopards)
- Field: Green fields with sandy, pale soil
- Forest: Palm trees
- Mountain: Basalt columns resembling Giant's Causeway that extend into the soil
- City: Lime green buildings with roofs of banana leaves
- Helmet: Long hair to one side, a red headband, and green feathers
City Naming Syllables
[space], an, ko, li, lo, lu, ma, no, nu, oki, si, va
- Kickoo is the only paid tribe to start with a tier 1 technology and was the only paid tribe in the game's initial release.
- Before Luxidoor was released, Kickoo had the trees that Luxidoor now has.
- During its development, Kickoo was initially named "Kiwa," was more "aggressive", and had a darker theme.