The Luxidoor love expensive things, jewels, rare spices and exclusive ornaments. That is also why they are the most expensive tribe in Polytopia!
The Luxidoor citizens lead very comfortable lives, draped in the finest purple silk. But will they survive outside of their beloved capital?-Tribe description
The Luxidoor tribe is the seventh of the 12 regular tribes in Polytopia. Luxidoor does not have any starting technology; instead, it starts with a level 2 capital city (without a Workshop or Explorer).
Luxidoor has ++fruit and -game.
- Instagram: The luxidoor tribe are real pimps. Flexing only the finest jewelry they would rather die than be seen with anything less than exclusive silk garments.
- Steam: These wealthy snobs prefer a life of decadence from the safety of their mighty capital! A people of business, the Luxidoorian streets are lined with markets and a multitude of shopkeepers trying to peddle their wares to anyone with the cash.
- 2019 Tribe Day: “The price shows the quality,” the shrewd Luxidoorian Emperor states a price increase for their tribe on December 2nd. "It's insultingly low, and we're worth so much more!"
- 2020 Tribe Moon: Carts full of gold, jewels, fabrics, and incense flow out of the temple of Exigeluss, the God of Wealth, blessing even the poorest of Luxidoor with a life of extravagance. Of course, nothing is free, and the Emperor wonders what Exigeluss will ask for in return...
- Web Shop: Luxidoorians always enjoy their sparkling Diamond Tea in these lavish jars. The finest porcelain of the Luxidoor mountains adds to their irresistible beauty. If you are ever invited to a Luxidoor Tea Ceremony, be sure to not decline, as it may not be well received.
- Web Shop: The Phantrix is a huge animal that has a special place in any Luxidoorian’s heart as the backbone of their grand empire. They are seen as a valuable friend, a useful pack animal, and the base of a hearty stew. This garment commemorates the invaluable contributions of the majestic Phantrix to the wealth and prosperity of the Luxidoor tribe.
- Fruit: Lôni fruit (mangoes)
- Animal: Phantrix (elephant)
- Field: Green fields with dark black soil
- Forest: Trees made of small cubes that look similar to pine trees
- Mountain: Pointed, green mountains with snow caps
- City: Red with gold ornamentation, green emeralds, and palm trees
- Helmet: White turban with a green emerald
- Ambience: A variety of animal noises, including elephants trumpeting, birds chirping, and/or grasshoppers stridulating
- Theme: Listen
- Full-length music: Emilux Pô Exiduss by The Luxidoor Giant (Listen)
City Naming Syllables
[apostrophe], au, em, exi, ga, iss, ki, ly, lô, ni, ou, pô, uss, ux
- The Luxidoor are inspired by Indian and Babylonian culture.
- The only other tribe that does not have any starting technology is Aquarion.
- The Luxidoor Easter egg gives players that do not own Luxidoor a small chance of meeting the tribe as an opponent in single-player games. This is officially an “apology” for Luxidoor being more expensive than other tribes.
- Luxidoor "inherited" their trees from Kickoo. Before the release of Luxidoor, Kickoo had the trees that Luxidoor now has.
- In update 2.0.49, Luxidoor was nerfed from starting with a level 3 capital with a City Wall to starting with a level 2 capital. Prior to this update, Luxidoor was a top-tier tribe, often considered to be the best tribe in the game. The level 3 capital produced 4 stars per turn, allowed Luxidoor to produce more units and outnumber nearby enemies in the early-game, and put Luxidoor closer to training an early Giant than other tribes.
- Zoythrus on Reddit
|Regular tribes: Xin-xi, Imperius, Bardur, Oumaji, Kickoo, Hoodrick, Luxidoor, Vengir, Zebasi, Ai-Mo, Quetzali, Yădakk|