The seemingly endless, sun-blessed desert is the home of the Oumaji tribe.-Tribe description
Oumaji is typically considered to be a lower-mid-tier tribe comparable to Ai-Mo and Quetzali due to its relatively slow initial economic development. Its starting technology, Riding, is not an economy technology, nor does it lead to one. While starting with Riders allows it to quickly explore and capture many villages, Oumaji often cannot easily upgrade its newly-captured cities. This is exacerbated by the fact that utilizing crops, which constitute a large portion of Oumaji's resources, requires the tier two technology Farming, which may take some time to research. Low-level cities raise technology costs while not providing much income. Therefore, Oumaji is usually outmatched by tribes that start with an economy technology, such as Bardur, as those tribes can more quickly upgrade cities and have a greater income in the early-game.
- This article or section needs to be updated for version 2.0.58.
Oumaji has --forest. Oumaji also has a --water modifier in the game's source code that is not translated into the world generation.
The Oumaji are desert nomads famous for their Shebron husbandry and skill in the saddle. Known for their penchant for lightning-fast raids and guerilla tactics, the Oumaji are a formidable foe.-Zoythrus on Steam
- 2019 Tribe Day: While most cacti are inedible, the Sajaa is an exception. While not as iconic as their Shebron, it is full of water and nutrients, and what makes the Oumaji way of life possible in the desert.
- 2020 Tribe Moon: The Mausoleum at Ojibake is the final resting place of Mubehasi the Undefeated, the legendary leader of the Oumaji hordes and unifier of the Seven Oumaji Clans. The tower holds the records of their mighty reign and ensures that the memory of Mubehasi lives on in the hearts of all Oumaji!
- 2021 Tribe Moon: The Oumaji refer to any large grouping of people as a "hamu", which can also be applied to anywhere people congregate. Town Hall? "Hamu". Battlefield? "Hamu". The entire Square? That's right, "Hamu". It was the Battle of the Limdor Dunes that decided the proper number of people for a hamu - at least 5.
- 2021 Tribe Moon (second blurb): The lands of the Oumaji are home to the Onjimu Riders, an order of Shebron-back town criers who inform the townsfolk of the news through poetry! Now a crucial part of Oumaji culture, poetic delivery of the news has become a competitive sport, with rules, competitions, and even creative regional styles!
- The best way to savor a cup of Oulu is at a temperature of 187°F. It is made of "things" [the Oumaji] find in the desert, unclear what exactly, but it tastes a bit like hot air. The Oumaji usually enjoy it among friends after a late dinner prepared over an open fire.
- To survive a trip through the vast Oumaji desert you would most definitely need a trusted companion. A beautiful striped Shebra can carry you many tiles without complaining, and provide a nice shade to rest in while having a snack along the way.
- Most people don't know that the Shebrons are vain animals. If you need to find an oasis in the desert, the Shebron will be your best companion since it's always looking for a lake so it can admire itself in its reflection. If your Shebron seems low for any reason, you can use [a] fake mirror to cheer it up.
- The Cacti is the most difficult plant to harvest if one is not equipped with this special Cacti blade. In fact, the poisonous thorns will most likely kill anyone who tries. With [the Cacti blade], you have a chance to get hold of the special Cacti pulp, said to heal wounds and the disease of the yellow mountains.
The Oumaji culture is influenced by Arab and North African Cultures, the buildings of adobe were used in these cultures and the headscarf was a garment widely used by these cultures due to the sand in the desert, and the Oumaji biome is very similar to that of the regions of the Arabian Peninsula and North Africa, and their Eye of God somewhat resembles the Kaaba. The forests they have are palm oases, which were really important for settlements in Arabia.
Oumaji is influenced by Arab and North African peoples.
- Fruit: Sajaa (cacti)
- Animal: Shebron
- Field: Desert sand
- Forest: Palm oasis
- Mountain: Sandy mountains with flat tops
- City: Clay adobe structures with small wooden embellishments
- Helmet: Headscarf
City Naming Syllables
ba, dor, gh, ha, ji, ke, la, lim, mu, on, si, ye
- The Oumaji headscarf was changed in version 2.0.58 because the original version appeared 'poorly wrapped'.
- Zebasi "inherited" its trees from Oumaji: Before Zebasi was released, Oumaji had the acacia trees that Zebasi now has.
- Oumaji Mug
- Oumaji Tee
- Shebron Phonecase
- Cacti Phonecase
- Zoythrus on Discord
- Version 2.0.58 release notes: "Upon closer inspection, we realized that the Oumaji were wrapping their headscarves in the worst possible way, so we decided to take a trip to the Square to give them proper instruction on how to wrap their scarf around their cube heads for better sun and sand protection."