The seemingly endless, sun-blessed desert is the home of the Oumaji tribe.-Tribe description
The Oumaji tribe is the fourth of the 12 regular tribes in Polytopia and one of the four free tribes, the others being Xin-xi, Imperius, and Bardur. Oumaji starts with the Riding technology and and a Rider unit.
Oumaji is typically considered to be a lower-mid-tier tribe comparable to Ai-Mo and Quetzali due to its relatively weak economy. Its starting technology, Riding, is not an economy technology, nor does it lead to one. While starting with Riders allows it to quickly explore and capture many villages, Oumaji often cannot easily upgrade its newly-captured cities. This is exacerbated by the fact that utilizing crops, which constitute a large portion of Oumaji's resources, requires the tier two technology Farming, which may take some time to research. Low-level cities raise technology costs while not providing much income. Therefore, Oumaji is outclassed by tribes that start with an economy technology, such as Bardur, as those tribes can more quickly upgrade cities and have a greater income in the early-game. They can also quickly research Riding if the player chooses to.
Oumaji has --forest. Oumaji also has a --water modifier in the game's source code that is not translated into the world generation.
- Fruit: Sajaa (cacti)
- Animal: Shebron
- Field: Desert sand
- Forest: Palm oasis
- Mountain: Sandy mountains with flat tops
- City: Clay adobe structures with small wooden embellishments
- Helmet: Headscarf
- 2019 Tribe Day: While most cacti are inedible, the Sajaa is an exception. While not as iconic as their Shebron, it is full of water and nutrients, and what makes the Oumaji way of life possible in the desert.
- 2020 Tribe Moon: The Mausoleum at Ojibake is the final resting place of Mubehasi the Undefeated, the legendary leader of the Oumaji hordes and unifier of the Seven Oumaji Clans. The tower holds the records of their mighty reign and ensures that the memory of Mubehasi lives on in the hearts of all Oumaji!
- The best way to savor a cup of Oulu is at a temperature of 187°F. It is made of "things" [the Oumaji] find in the desert, unclear what exactly, but it tastes a bit like hot air. The Oumaji usually enjoy it among friends after a late dinner prepared over an open fire.
- To survive a trip through the vast Oumaji desert you would most definitely need a trusted companion. A beautiful striped Shebra can carry you many tiles without complaining, and provide a nice shade to rest in while having a snack along the way.
- Most people don't know that the Shebrons are vain animals. If you need to find an oasis in the desert, the Shebron will be your best companion since it's always looking for a lake so it can admire itself in its reflection. If your Shebron seems low for any reason, you can use [a] fake mirror to cheer it up.
- The Cacti is the most difficult plant to harvest if one is not equipped with this special Cacti blade. In fact, the poisonous thorns will most likely kill anyone who tries. With [the Cacti blade], you have a chance to get hold of the special Cacti pulp, said to heal wounds and the disease of the yellow mountains.
ba, dor, gh, ha, ji, ke, la, lim, mu, on, si, ye
- Oumaji is influenced by North African peoples.
- In the ambience playing throughout Oumaji lands, the noise of sand moving in the wind and a rattlesnake shaking its tail are heard.
- Zebasi "inherited" their trees from Oumaji: before the release of Zebasi, Oumaji had the acacia trees that Zebasi now has.
|Regular tribes: Xin-xi, Imperius, Bardur, Oumaji, Kickoo, Hoodrick, Luxidoor, Vengir, Zebasi, Ai-Mo, Quetzali, Yădakk|