- Be bold! Anyone can edit a wiki. Start editing, commenting, and participating in Discussions!
- Assume good faith. Unless an edit or comment was clearly vandalism, editors shall assume that it was made in good faith, even if it is unhelpful or incorrect.
- Don't be afraid of reverts. They are a normal part of the editing process.
- Respect the formatting guidelines. They are located at Polytopia Wiki:Manual of Style.
- Be respectful. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but hateful language and personal attacks are prohibited.
- Don't be disruptive. This includes spam, vandalism, off-topic conversations, and excessive self-promotion.
- Need help?
- Contact an administrator at Message Wall:Zebastian1.
Polytopia Wiki follows Fandom's guidance regarding blocking:
- ...blocking should not be considered a standard disciplinary measure. Admins are advised to discuss the matter with the user first, warning them about the consequences of their behavior, and only block if the warning does no effect. Blocks are used to prevent damage or disruption, not to punish users.
- In most cases, a short block should be enough to resolve the matter. IP addresses should never be blocked for longer periods of time, with an absolute maximum of three months, to avoid situations where a dynamic IP is used by a completely different user and they find themselves unable to edit.
Page Protection Policy
Polytopia Wiki follows Fandom's guidance regarding page protection. Administrators may protect the following pages as they see fit:
- High-traffic pages, including the main page.
- Pages affected by persistent vandalism or an edit war.
- Wiki policies.
- Important templates.
- Favicons, site backgrounds, etc.
A list of all protected pages can be found at Special:ProtectedPages.
Requesting Administrator User Rights
Experienced editors may request administrator user rights at Message Wall:Zebastian1. Requests will be considered on an individual basis and should be responded to within a few days.