The Rider is a melee unit unlocked by the Riding technology. It has higher movement but lower defence than a Warrior, and its Escape skill (which allows it to move after attacking) allows it to be used for hit-and-run warfare
- Attack: 2
- Defence: 1
- Movement: 2
- Health: 10 (15 after reaching Veteran status)
- Range: 1
- Cost: 3 stars
- Skills: Dash, Escape, Fortify
Strengths and Weaknesses
Riders are good for:
- Exploring. Riders, with their large movement, can quickly cover large distances and explore faster than other starting units. And if necessary, they can retreat after attacking if they see any hostiles.
- Quick capturing. If your enemies have any open cities, you can use an enemy unit as bonus movement. You can move up to the hostile, hit it, and escape into the city in one swift motion.
- Early Expansion. Due to riders having 2 movement, they can easily move around, which can often lead to them claiming villages faster.
Riders aren't good for:
- Making Armies. Their low defense and health means that a mass of these units are not good for attacking defensive positions. A Rider can be easily killed by a Knight, Swordsman, or Warrior.
- Swarming. This is debatable. Although effective early on for keeping the pressure on the enemy and constantly attacking them, this only lasts until the enemy gets Knights, in which case they can take out your whole army with persist, and it requires enough cities to maintain constant production and the usage of Roads to get the riders from the rear to the front fast.
- Aquarion Riders, which can be obtained by using a Mind Bender to convert an enemy Rider, are slightly larger than Amphibians.
- Examples of effective use of Riders include this video of a Perfection game by Tupp and this video of a multiplayer game by Unwise.
|Warrior, Rider, Archer, Swordsman, Catapult, Knight, Defender, Giant, Boat, Ship, Battleship, Mind Bender, Amphibian, Tridention, Crab, Polytaur, Navalon, Dragon Egg, Baby Dragon, Fire Dragon, Mooni, Ice Archer, Battle Sled, Ice Fortress, Gaami, Nature Bunny, Scout (removed), Guard Tower (removed)|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.