The Rider is a mounted melee unit unlocked by the Riding technology. The Rider has more movement but lower defence than a Warrior. In addition, the Rider has the escape skill, which allows it to move after attacking. Therefore, the Rider can be used in hit-and-run warfare.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Riders are good for early-game exploration and expansion. With their increased movement, they can quickly cover large distances and retreat after attacking if necessary.
- Riders can exploit their escape skill to capture any open enemy cities.
- Riders are very strong when used in combination with Roads.
- Aquarion Riders, obtained by converting an enemy Rider with a Mind Bender, are slightly larger than Amphibians.
- Examples of effective use of Riders include this video of a Perfection game by Tupp and this video of a multiplayer game by Unwise.
|Land units: Warrior, Rider, Archer, Swordman, Catapult, Knight, Defender, Mind Bender, Nature Bunny|
Naval units: Boat, Ship, Battleship
Super units: Giant, Crab, Dragon, Gaami
Aquarion units: Amphibian, Tridention
∑∫ỹriȱŋ units: Polytaur, Navalon
Polaris units: Mooni, Battle Sled, Ice Fortress, Ice Archer
Removed units: Scout, Guard Tower