Score is a measure of how much a player has achieved in Polytopia. Points are earned in four categories: Army and Territory, Cities, Monuments and Temples, and Science. Points are lost if a city is captured by an enemy, a building is destroyed, or a unit is killed or disbanded.
The following is a breakdown of how score is calculated.
Army and Territory:
- Units: 5 points per star of a unit's cost. Super units are worth 50 points each. (They have a theoretical cost of 10 stars.)
- Territory: 20 points per tile in the player's territory.
- Exploration: 5 points per explored tile.
- Cities: 100 points plus 50 points per level above level 1.
- Each population gained is worth five points, and upgrading to level 2 gives a 40 point bonus, upgrading to level 3 gives a 35 point bonus, etc. for a total of 50 points per level above level 1.
- Park: 250 points each.
Monuments and Temples:
- Technology: 100 points per tier of the technology.
Perfection Difficulty Bonus
A difficulty bonus is applied to the final score in the Perfection game mode. This bonus is equal to 100% plus 41% of the natural logarithm of the number of opponents, with an additional 20%, 40%, or 80% if the difficulty level is normal, hard, or crazy, respectively. The maximum difficulty bonus, with 15 crazy-level opponents, is 291%.
|Difficulty Bonus (Easy Difficulty Level)|
|Number of opponents||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15|
|Difficulty bonus (%)||100||128||145||157||166||174||180||185||190||195||199||202||205||208||211|
- Score Counting by K3IZ3N