The cost to research a new technology increases as more cities are added to a tribe's empire. The cost is calculated as follows:
Cost = (Tier of Tech)*(Number of Cities) + 4In other words, Tier One (T1) technologies initially cost five stars, T2 techs initially cost six, and T3 techs initially cost seven with your capital city. For each additional city or village captured, the cost of technologies increases by one, two, or three stars for T1, T2, and T3 technologies, respectively.
The Literacy ability, unlocked with the Philosophy technology, decreases the price of technologies by 20% (rounded up).
To access the Tech Tree, tap the blue beaker at the bottom of the screen. If you can currently afford a technology, the button will glow blue. If not, it will be black.
Tier One Technologies
Tier One technologies can immediately be researched at the start of the game and initially cost five stars.
- Climbing (native to Xin-Xi)
- Fishing (native to Kickoo)
- Hunting (native to Bardur)
- Organization (native to Imperius)
- Riding (native to Oumaji)
Tier Two Technologies
Tier Two technologies can be only researched after the Tier One technology of the branch is researched. T2 technologies initially cost six stars.
- Archery (native to Hoodrick)
- Farming (native to Zebasi)
- Free Spirit
- Meditation (native to Ai-Mo)
- Roads (native to Yădakk)
- Shields (native to Quetzali)
Tier Three Technologies
Tier Two technologies can be only researched after the Tier Two technology of the branch is researched. T3 technologies initially cost six stars.
- Replaced with Polarism for Polaris
- Replaced with Spearing for Aquarion
- Replaced with Polar Warfare for Polaris
- Smithery (native to Vengir)
- Engineering (removed)
A technology after Shields will be added in the future.
|Battleship, Crab, Explorer, Giant, Population, Population Growth, Stars, Super Unit, Technology|
|AI Relationships, Combat, Population, Stars, Technology, Terrain, Unit Skills|