Frowned upon by the other tribes and pushed into the unpleasant wastelands. Will they tolerate this injustice or rise to fight back?-Tribe description
Vengir is often considered a weak tribe due to its slow economic development. Vengir has heavily reduced spawn rates for tier one resources (those that can be harvested once a tier one technology like Organization is researched) but increased spawn rates for the many tier two resources. Therefore, Vengir has virtually no usable resources until it researches Farming or Mining. This results in a weak economy for Vengir in the crucial early-game.
However, Vengir can quickly overwhelm other tribes with Swordsmen early-game. This makes Vengir very strong in crowded games.
Vengir has --fruit, ++crop, --game, ++metal, and --fish.
- Fruit: Thxando-shrooms (purple mushrooms)
- Animal: Rhino-pigs
- Field: Black soil
- Forest: Ashtrees (trees with white bark and purple leaves)
- Mountain: Black, spiky mountains
- City: Dark grey buildings with pointed purple roofs
- Helmet: Silver helmets with spikes
- 2019 Tribe Day: Celebrations in Vengir cities aren’t much like the other tribes. Instead of parties and parades, the Vengir see it as a time to mourn by singing dirges, adorning their faces with sorrow paint, and performing elaborate tragic plays.
- 2020 Tribe Moon: Where do Polytopians go when they die? No one knows, but the Vengir believe that souls of the dead pass through the Gate of Power to Hirkthr, the Underworld. In remembrance, the Vengir celebrate the "Skull Party" here, where they pray, send offerings, and wear the skull of their favorite relative.
- Web Shop: Enjoy a cup of Ashtree brandy made from the precious purple leaves of the Vengir woods. [A] mug will do justice to its acrid and intense flavors, but beware, do not drink and ride!
- Web Shop: Few Polytopians that encountered a Rhino-pig in the wild ever encounter anything else again. And ending your life in the sewers of these smelly beasts is not a recommendable way to go. For some odd reason they do to love to carry around fearless Vengir soldiers on their backs, both during wartime and festivals.
- Web Shop: When Rhino-Pigs are born, they are grey as ash, but since they are fed with vast amounts of Thxando-shrooms from birth, they turn purple over time. Sadly, the Thxando-shrooms are poisonous, and very few Rhino-Pigs reach adulthood.
- Instagram: WE — THE VENGIR TRIBE — DEMAND TO BE PART OF THE GAME!!! We ALSO DEMAND A 1.000 LIKES to show that YOU ALL agree or we will FEED this juicy HOSTAGE — MR MIDJIWAN — TO OUR HUNGRIEST RHINO-PIGS!!! For too long we have been PUSHED OUT by the other weakling tribes into the dark barren wastelands we now call home. TO BE FORGOTTEN?? WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH!! How long will the Vengir tribe be IGNORED?? Give us A CHANCE TO FIGHT and REVENGE THIS INJUSTICE!! VENGIR LIVES!!! VENGIR LIVES!! VENGI
- Instagram: VENGIR LIVES. Finally A 1000 LIKES to support our REVENGE! But since you were slow like DRUNK TURTLES to click like, we just had to feed Mr Midjiwans left pinky (who uses those anyway? Ah, for caps lock maybe) to our rhino-pigs or they would have doubted our authority. It seems his pathetic PROMISE to give US – THE VENGIR – away for FREE to get more likes, might go into effect this Friday the First of July in your calendar, or as it from this day on always will be remembered in the black lands — PINKY DAY. Now breach out into the world, use the glorious swordsmen wisely and make us proud. LONG LIVE VENGIR.
The Vengir start off with one Swordsman, and can create a second one on Turn 0. The Swordsman gives a huge advantage over other tribes during the early rounds if you spawn near tribes. In 1v1 domination games, the Vengir can win games without losing a single unit.
However, the Vengir can easily lose momentum as their native territory has very few resources apart from farms. This means you must quickly capture neutral and enemy villages to get more income. Be careful though, as more villages captured means higher tech prices, as well as more enemies that will find you.
Strategies Against Vengir
In the early rounds, a neighboring Vengir can pose a huge threat due to their superior troops. However, there are ways to survive an early Vengir attack:
- City walls: By increasing your city defence with a wall, you may be able to buy yourself some time before Vengir is able to siege your city, or eventually stall them until you have better units to fight them with. Paired with Defenders, your city can become very difficult for even mid-game units to besiege. The Luxidoor start off with a city wall.
- Don't go on the offensive: Sending a group of warriors to fight Vengir is usually a bad idea. Swordsmen outclass Warriors and will easily destroy them. This will serve only to make their units stronger as Veterans and waste your resources.
- The Vengir were based off Mordor, a land in J. R. R. Tolkien's fictional world of Middle-earth.
- The name "Vengir" may be a play on the words “revenge” or "vengeance," since the Vengir were pushed into the wastelands and may be fighting back.
- In the ambience playing throughout Vengir lands, an eerie static sound which plays continuously and a creature roaring in the distance can be heard.
- Vengir is the only tribe to start with a tier three technology.
- A Halloween event called the Vengir Skull Party changed the Vengir head to a skull version once the Gate of Power was built. The event lasted from October 29 to November 30, 2020.
- The Vengir head underwent many iterations.
|Regular tribes: Xin-xi, Imperius, Bardur, Oumaji, Kickoo, Hoodrick, Luxidoor, Vengir, Zebasi, Ai-Mo, Quetzali, Yădakk|