The Warrior is a general-purpose unit great for exploration and front-line combat, during the early- to mid-game. However, it is outclassed by the Swordsman, an all-around upgrade of the Warrior, and it is weak against stronger units like the Knight and Catapult.
- Dash: The Warrior can move and attack in the same turn.
- Fortify: The Warrior gets a defense bonus when placed on a friendly city.
- It is one of only 4 units that can be trained by all tribes.
- It is the only unit that does not require any technology to unlock.
- Of the 16 tribes in the game, 6 of them do not start with a Warrior. These are:
- Costing only 2 stars, it is the cheapest unit in the entire game.