They start their journey in the dense mountains, surrounded by beautiful cherry blossom.-Tribe description
Xin-xi is a lower-mid-tier tribe because its resources are varied and its starting technology is not economic.
Xin-xi has ++mountain and +metal.
- 2019 Tribe Day: Did you know that the Xin-Xi named themselves after Mt. Xin-Xi, the tallest and most sacred mountain on the Square? With the help of their mounts, a brave few climb the summit to prove themselves worthy of the Xini-Kai Spirit’s blessing, which lets them prepare the amazing Xini blossom tea.
- 2020 Tribe Moon: While every tribe has their own rituals surrounding the laying of an egg, the Xin-Xi are well known for their elaborate performances. At dawn, recently laid Xin-Xi eggs are painted with bright, vibrant colors and mesmerizing patterns, all while a troupe of village musicians play a song to ward off evil spirits.
- 2021 Tribe Moon: Tangy, refreshing, and fits in your hand, the plump Ixi fruit is a delightfully versatile fruit that can be found all throughout the lands of the Xin-Xi. The Ixi fruits are considered a token of good fortune, and are often handed to traveling parties to bestow them luck on their adventures.
- Tea of the Xini blossom is considered the best in the Square, and many have tried to get a hold of some of the precious leaves. Sadly, they wither immediately in the hands of one who is not protected by the Xini-kai spirit.
- The Xini-Kai is a climber of great dignity. It delicately carries the precious leaves of Xini blossom up the steep hills without damaging a single one. To make tea from the leaves, they must be entirely fresh and without a scratch.
- Main article: Xin-xi/Strategy
Xin-xi do not start with a population tech so you cannot upgrade on T0, however because of climbing, they can scout out very early to find villages, ruins, water and enemies and if you find ruins, take if they are in a convenient location. If you have metal in your territory, go for mining and smithery, as this will help you build a decent economy going into the game. If you do not have metal in your territory, go for whatever is best e.g. fishing or hunting. Capturing a city is useful, but remember to get any techs you need beforehand. You will want to use scouting on mountains to your advantage as much as possible
The Xin-xi are one of the few tribes for which it is viable to research Smithery and use Swordsmen. Starting with the Climbing technology allows Smithery to be researched more quickly, and more mountains lead to more metal resources that can be harvested through Mining. Swordsmen can be powerful troops, with high attack and defence, while being far less expensive as Knights (especially since the technology required to unlock Knights, Free Spirit and Chivalry, typically serve no other use).
The Xin-Xi tribe appears to be inspired by Japanese (cherry blossoms, mountains resembling Mount Fuji) and Chinese cultures. Their helmet design resembles Japanese Kabuto helmets used by samurai, but they could also be inspired by Chinese helmets.
- Fruit: Ixi fruit (mandarin orange)
- Animal: Xini-Kai (white horse)
- Field: Green fields and brown soil, identical to that of Imperius
- Forest: Xini trees (pink blossom trees)
- Mountain: Tall, pointed mountains with snow caps
- City: White with red roofs and a black wooden frame
- Helmet: Medieval Japanese helmet with red spikes protruding from either side on the top
City Naming Syllables
[hyphen], bu, cha, gu, li, po, sha, szu, xi, yo
Listen to Xin-xi's theme and nature sounds.
- Although Imperius the first and original tribe, the default tribe in terms of gameplay, Xin-xi is the default tribe for the code and is tribe "0" in the code.
- The Xin-xi are inspired by East Asian cultures, especially Japanese culture. The 2019 Tribe Day blurb is about Mt. Xin-Xi, which may be a reference to Mt. Fuji, and the architecture in the 2020 Tribe Moon poster seems inspired by Japanese architecture.
- In the ambience playing throughout Xin-xi lands, the wind blowing through tree leaves and birds chirping are heard.
- The Xin-xi theme was originally named "Synthetic Disco."